Project: Skills in Fashion
The project Skills in Fashion is funded under the European Territorial Cooperation Programme Greece - Bulgaria 2007-2013. The project's area of Intervention is: Support and Valorisation of Human Resources - Support of Preparatory Actions in view of the Open Labour Market.
The general objective of the project is the development of a system for improving and certifying the human resourcesʼ quality and facilitating labor force mobilization in the cross-border region through pilot advisory actions and e-learning practices. The sub-objectives of the project are the following:
- The establishment of a Greek-Bulgarian cross-border partnership that will: assess and transfer knowledge regarding common methodologies and best practices implemented
- in the EU regarding human resources specialization and workers mobilization focused on cases of cross-border or interregional collaboration,
- identify needs and certify qualities in the specific target groups (mid-level and upper level executives, experts and legal outsourcing entities in fashion sectors)
- develop relevant support tools and structures offering mentoring, advising and professional orientation services.
- The establishment of an electronic database/portal/matchmaking tool/info center that can be used as a labor demand and supply matching tool which will be linked with ACTE, EURES, EUROPASS etc.
- The establishment of a network of Helpdesks regarding human resources issues.
- The pilot application of innovative actions and practices for skills enhancement, which will be addressed to businesses and employees of the sector in the area.
- The increase of professional opportunities for the human capital that will make use of the advisory actions.
- The organization of 2 seminars for adult educators for the identification of needs in skills and qualities and the skills certification system.
- The facilitation of the sectoral human capital for movement in individual job markets in the cross-border region through the proposed matchmaking procedures (i.e. Career Days, e-partenariat).
- The promotion of business cross-border cooperation through attracting 3rd countriesʼ stakeholders (labor force and enterprises).